The advanced design and innovative, speed-enhancing technologies of GBB Epic metalwoods and irons have helped many golfers hit consistently longer, straighter shots. Now, Callaway’s new GBB Epic Star line builds on that performance-profile by incorporating an ultra-premium, ultra-light component platform that further enhances speed and power for players seeking the highest level of quality and performance.
Every head and face is precision-milled and robotically laser welded for exact fit and maximum integrity. The finest in lightweight components are incorporated, including Mitsubishi’s Grand Bassara™ graphite shafts and Tour-proven Golf Pride® J200 grips. Everything is engineered to work in conjunction with Callaway’s finest performance-enhancing technologies to promote easy speed, distance, accuracy and playability from tee to green.
- Jailbreak technology radically changes how the head behaves at impact to promote faster ball speed
- Ultra-light Exo-cage head construction consists of 46% lightweight triaxial carbon and a 9.7-gram crown
- Premium, ultra-light 39-gram Grand Bassara™ driver shaft, made in Japan by Mitsubishi® (first sub-40 gram shaft in a Callaway driver) uses a proprietary MR70 carbon fiber material to promote distance and control
- 11-gram sliding Adjustable Perimeter Weight (6 grams lighter than GBB Epic)
- 41-gram Golf Pride® J200 grip (25% lighter than Golf Pride Multi-compound grip)
- Fixed, lightweight hosel (7 grams lighter than OptiFit™ hosel)
Features & Benefits:
Increased Swing Speed and Distance from Premium, Ultra-light Components
Ultra-light 286-gram total weight based on 39-gram Mitsubishi Grand Bassara™ shaft, 41-gram Golf Pride® J200 grip, 9.7-gram triaxial carbon crown.
Increased Ball Speed and Distance from Jailbreak Technology
Innovative ball speed technology that profoundly changes how the head and face behave at impact to promote more speed across a larger area of the face for increased average distance.
Maximum Forgiveness from Exo-Cage Construction
Innovative titanium Exo-cage with ultra-light triaxial carbon crown and sole moves more weight to the perimeter for high MOI, high launch and low spin.
Faster Head Speed from Industry-leading Aerodynamics
Streamlined head with proprietary Speed Step™ to improve airflow for more swing speed and distance without extra effort.
©2017 Callaway Golf Company. Callaway, the Chevron Device, Epic, Speed Step, Hyper Speed Face Cup, and 360 Face Cup are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Callaway Golf Company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.